Wildlife in Dumfries & Galloway adult colouring book by Valerie Harrison and A Natural Place CD by Mike Haysom, special offer, buy both together and save £1.00.
Wildlife in Dumfries & Galloway adult colouring book by Valerie Harrison
Dumfries and Galloway is well known for its wildlife and beautiful scenery. This book combines the two, with illustrations showing the birds and animals in places they can be seen.
Each picture has a delicate border to and a copy of the original painting for you to follow.
Perfect bound, 44 pages. Printed on high quality paper for best results.
210mm x 210mm x 5mm.
18 designs to colour, with each having a copy the original artwork on the opposite page for you to follow.
Featured in this book:
- Grey Wagtail – Tongland Bridge, Tongland, Kirkcudbright
- Red Deer – Murrays Monument, Galloway Forest Park
- Lapwing – RSPB Mersehead Nature Reserve
- Herring Gull – Kirkcudbright Harbour
- Dipper – Roman Bridge, Water of Minnoch
- Red Kite – Stroan Viaduct, Raiders Road
- Peregrine Falcon – Dunskey Castle, Nr Portpatrick
- Pine Marten – Bruces Stone, Loch Trool
- Puffin – Mull of Galloway Lighthouse
- Belted Galloway Cows – Galloway Hills
- Hummingbird Hawk-moth – Logan Botanic Gardens, Port Logan
- Brown Hare – Cairn Holy, Nr Carsluith
- Osprey, Threave Castle, Nr Castle Douglas
- Atlantic Cod, Logan Fish Pond, Port Logan
- Pied Flycatcher – RSPB, Wood of Cree, Nr Newton Stewart
- Oystercatcher – Port Logan
- Black Guillemot – Portpatrick Lighthouse
- Grey Heron – Devorgilla Bridge, Dumfries
A Natural Place CD by Mike Haysom
Mike Haysom has produced a new album inspired by the beautiful landscapes in Dumfries and Galloway. Entitled The Natural Place – Music inspired by Galloway, the instrumental album has been composed by multi instrumentalist Mike (real name Mike Harrison) and played on ukulele, classical guitar, U-bass and Cajon. He incorporates intricate finger-picking and a variety of techniques, moving through a range of styles, from classical to jazz, to folk and world music. The CD includes a 10 page booklet featuring some of Mike’s photos of the places that have inspired him. The album recently got a great review in UKE Magazine and on Cool Cat Ukes which you can read here. For more information, please go to www.mikehaysommusic.com
10 tracks, 36 minutes.
1. The Scottish Riviera
2. Spring Fling
3. Red Haven
4. Costa del Solway
5. Cree, From Source to Sea
6. Grey Mare’s Tail
7. Lovers Walk
8. Kirkcudbright Brolly Parade
9. Orchardton Tower
10. Sunset at Balcary Bay